Sunday, June 27, 2010

Last Minute Apple Crisp


When my friends were unexpectedly held up before a dinner party this week, I figured I would use my thirty minutes of waiting time to throw together a dessert. I didn't have much around, because we're moving next week. But with just a few ingredients and a few minutes, I made my friend Pat's amazing apple crisp. It was quick and easy, and, we all agreed later, delicious.

Apple Crisp (From Pat Miller)

4-6 large apples, peeled and sliced
1 tsp cinnamon
Lemon juice from 1/2 lemon (or a TBSP of water)
1/4 cup butter
3/8 cup brown sugar
1/8 cup white sugar
3/8 cup flour
1/4 tsp salt

1. Preheat the oven to 350 F. Butter an 8 X 8 inch glass dish.
2. Scatter the apples into the pan. Sprinkle with lemon juice (or water) and cinnamon.
3. Cream together the butter and sugars. Then stir in flour and salt.
4. Sprinkle the topping over the apples.
5. Bake for 30 minutes or until the crisp begins to bubble.

No comments:

Post a Comment